Every Thursday, I will put up a top ten list of awesomeness, with short descriptions and tips. Feel free to laugh, enjoy and pass them around.
Top Ten Women’s Turnoffs
There are VERY simple things men constantly overlook, hurting their chances with women. I can assure you, if you did 5 out of 10 of these things, you'd be so much better off. For all the guys out there, avoid doing these things and help your chances she'll return your calls the next day.
10. Drinking too much. It’s one thing to have a good time and another to have too much of one. As much fun as you’re having slinging back drinks, she’s watching you to see how you handle yourself. Remember, when you’re drunk, you have less control of your inhibitions and subconscious. In other words, you'll probably do stupid things. If you don’t want to be embarrassed and would rather get that second date, set a limit and cut yourself off.
9. Wear a bluetooth earpiece. It baffles me people still think this is cool. It’s only use should be in the car. That’s it.
8. Excessively swear & use vulgar language. This comes with a caveat. There are some women who are ok with swearing. In fact, they may pull the trigger before you do. If you see that, that doesn’t give you the door to drop f-bombs like it’s Baghdad. A lady still wants a gentleman so act like one.
7. Be negative. You hear me talk about it all the time. It’s all about the energy & optimism. No one wants to hear someone complain and talk about other people, especially their friends. In this world, positivity goes a long way and most women will find it VERY sexy.
6. Have douchebag friends. Your friends may not come into play at the beginning but you and I know they will play a role eventually. If they are rude, brash and inconsiderate, you can kiss your date goodbye. Make sure you have a solid group of friends that know how to respect the company of women, especially your lady.
5. Dress inappropriately. If you’re 40 years old, it’s about time you put away those graphic tees. If she can see the outline of your bulge in your pants, you should put those away as well. Dress your age, like a man and your date will treat you the same way.
4. Poor grooming. So easy, even a caveman can do it. Women spend upwards of 2 hours making sure they look perfect for you. The least you can do is spend some time making sure you look presentable. Brush your teeth, trim that unibrow and beard. And remember, there’s no need to go over the top (she’ll be weirded out by your perfect eyebrows). At the end of the day, your face will be the thing she'll look at all night. Make sure it’s something worth looking at.
3. Have bad body odor. Showering and wear clean clothes should do the trick. On the other hand, when putting on cologne, two sprays and put it away. If she can smell you from an arm’s length, you’ve put on too much. Find that happy medium.
2. Have bad breath. Unfortunately, this is as close to a “dealbreaker” as there is. If she wants to get close to you -- or even kiss you -- and she smells the Chinese food you had three days ago, it’ll be game over. Use mouthwash regularly and even pop in a mint before your date.
1. Have a lack of manners. The easiest things are the most overlooked. It's imperative when you're out you treat your date with respect and appreciation. And that includes table manners as well. Smacking your lips, having your elbows on the table while you're eating and talking with your mouth full are all included.
Women are the most observant people you will ever meet. Don't ever forget that.