Since I was sick this past weekend, it gave me a chance to catch up on some quality reading. I was able to get thorough a total of two books (I was able to get through one whole book and half of two books). One of the books I got to read was the Bro Code by Barney Stinson. For those who haven’t watched How I Met Your Mother, I suggest you check it out. It’s a funny show.
The book is a list of codes that all men who are “Bros” should follow. Some make sense and hold true to my group of friends, others are there for comedy and others are just downright out of control. Anyhow, many of these codes are related to dating. After sifting through, I’ve been able to come up with what I think are the top 10 codes that involve dating and are at least somewhat valuable.
At the very least, this list is VERY entertaining.
10. A Bro never dances with his hands above his head.
9. If a Bro suffers pain due to the permanent dissolution of a relationship with a lady friend, his Bros shall offer no more than a “that sucks, man” and copious quantities of beer. To eliminate the possibility of any awkward moments in the future, his Bros shall also refrain from any perjorative commentary – deserved or not – regarding said lady friend for a period of three months, when the requisite backslide window has fully closed.
8. All Bros shall dub one of their Bros his wingman.
7. A Bro is entitled to use a woman as his wingman.
6. A Bro never lies to his Bro about the hotness of chicks at a given social venue or event.
5. A Bro is required to alert another Bro if the Bro/Chick Ratio at a party falls below 1:1. However, to avoid Broflation, a Bro is only allowed to alert one Bro. Further, a Bro may not speculate on the anticipated Bro/Chick Ratio of a party or venue without first disclosing the present-time observed ratio.
4. In the event that two Bros lock on to the same target, the Bro who calls dibs first has dibs. If both call dibs at the same time, the Bro who counts aloud to ten the fastest has dibs. If both arrive at the number ten at the same time, the Bro who bought the last round of drinks has dibs. If they haven’t purchased drinks yet, the taller of the two Bros has dibs. If they’re the same height, the Bro with the longer dry spell has dibs. Should the dry spells be of equal length, a game of discreet Broshambo shall determine dibs, provided the chick is still there.
3. If a chick inquires about another Bro’s sexual history, a Bro shall honor the Brode of Silence and play dumb. Better to have women think all men are stupid than to tell the truth.
2. A Bro shall not kill another Bro or a Bro’s chances to score with a chick.
1. When on the prowl, a Bro hits on the hottest chick first because you just never know.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to receive future articles delivered to your feed reader.